SAP Business ByDesign
Cloud-based ERP for mid-market companies and subsidiaries
Manage your entire business with a secure, cloud-based ERP suite built for growing mid-market companies, subsidiaries of large corporations and local public sector institutions. SAP Business ByDesign connects every function across your business – financials and accounting, human resources, sales, procurement, customer service, supply chain management, and more.
Why SAP Business ByDesign?
SAP Business ByDesign gives fast-growing mid-market businesses the platform to turn growth potential into real results. This cloud-based ERP solution connects every function across your company – from finance to CRM – to time-tested best practices and in-depth analytics. You'll get the foundation to scale and compete without the complexity and cost, so you can grow your business your way –anytime, anywhere, and on almost any device.
- Run your entire business on one secure cloud suite
- Streamline end-to-end processes and maximize efficiency across your organization
- Gain timely business insights with integrated analytics and reporting
- Drive operational excellence with built-in business processes
- Manage your business from anywhere, at any time, with built-in mobile apps
Capabilities by Line of Business
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Expertly manage your marketing, sales, and service processes and drive customer engagement with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Marketing Use personalized customer information for more effective campaigns, lead generation and qualification, and sales team handovers.
Gain complete sales force automation and improve account management – from contact interactions to invoicing.
Equip employees with the tools and insights they need to deliver superior service and boost customer satisfaction.
Get a real-time view of your financial condition, streamline your core accounting processes, and better manage cash and liquidity.
- Financial and managerial accounting
Manage accounts for multiple operating units, currencies, and reporting standards.
- Cash flow management
Use customer and supplier transaction data to get real-time visibility into your cash position.
Manage projects of any size and complexity with SAP Business ByDesign. Facilitate collaboration – and make it easy for your teams to manage, deliver, and monitor projects in real time.
- Improve project management effectiveness
- Positively impact project delivery
- Run projects more profitably
Procurement Empower employees with self-service procurement capabilities to save time and costs. Centralize supplier information and negotiate better deals.
Maintain a central database of supplier and product information – making it easier to negotiate better prices and manage multiple supplier contracts.
Streamline your company's purchasing activities – and provide buyers with real-time information so they can negotiate better prices.
Human Resources (HR) Streamline HR processes such as organization management, workforce administration, time and attendance, and employee self-service.
Simplify employee onboarding – and give employees and managers easy access to all relevant information.
- Time, attendance, and labor management Manage time, labor, and compensation more effectively.
- HR self-services
Empower employees to self-manage time sheets, procurement processes, and personal information.
Facilitate payroll processing and take advantage of interfaces for third-party payroll providers.
- Requests and approvals
Create and monitor policy-compliant purchase requests and automated approvals.
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Improve supply chain effectiveness with better supply-demand matching – and increase flexibility by streamlining collaboration with customers and suppliers.
- Product development
Accelerate time to market – and ensure product design meets customer specs.
- SCM setup Get a clear view of your supply networks and layouts for supply chain modelling.
- Planning and control
Control material flows with an exception-driven approach to procurement planning.
- Manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics
Efficiently produce high quality products, better manage production, and automate related processes.
Suite in a Box
From finance to HR and CRM, run your entire business on one secure cloud suite built on time tested business processes.
Built for Growth
A dynamic, configurable solution that will drive growth today and keep growing with your business.
Analytics are a part of every process, so you get full transparency to make informed decisions everyday.
It's a safe, smart choice backed by SAP's proven track-record of investment, innovation, and delivery in the cloud
Supported operating system & browsers
- MS Windows Vista (32-Bit): Internet Explorer
- MS Windows 7 (32-Bit and 64-Bit): Internet Explorer
- MS Windows 8: Internet Explorer
- MS Windows 10: Internet Explorer
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher: Safari, Internet Explorer
Minimum hardware requirements
- Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz or faster (recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz with a 1066 MHz front-side bus)
- At least 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
Minimum network requirements
- Upstream: 1 Mbps
- Downstream: 1 Mbps
- Latency: 200 ms or better
Additional software requirements
To run the SAP Business ByDesign Web application, the following software is required:
- Microsoft Silverlight 5.1 or higher
- Adobe Reader 8.1.3 or higher
Affordable subscription-based pricing
SAP Business ByDesign is licensed through monthly subscription fees calculated on a named-user basis. There are three categories of users: self-service users, team users, and enterprise users – and pricing and functionality vary for each.
With SAP Business ByDesign, you don’t need to worry about software system maintenance. All core services such as backup, recovery, and regular upgrades are covered by SAP and included in the monthly fee. You can choose to deploy the complete solution – or you can address your immediate business needs first and add functionality as required.
Shared hardware, quarterly releases, and upgrade dates determined by SAP.
- Tenants (minimum): 1
- Users (minimum): 20
Dedicated multi-tenant system, quarterly releases, and upgrade dates jointly determined by SAP and the customer.
- Tenants (minimum): 10
- Users (minimum): 200